Monday, May 10, 2010

Getting ready to leave!

Hey all! Keep up with this blog to follow me on my many travels this summer! I'm planning on going everywhere and anywhere, even if it means I'll be living on crackers for the next 3 months, I don't care, I want to explore all that Europe has to offer!

I leave for London on May 31st (21 days!!) and I can't wait (hence me starting this blog so much in advance..). I'm beginning to realize everything I have to do before I leave, and it is getting overwhelming! My biggest task will be learning more about my host country, England. I should probably wait until I'm finished learning all about human anatomy and biology, since I have finals this week.... but none the less, this should be a fun task. I have always been fascinated with the United Kingdom, which is why I chose to go there to study abroad. My program is through Arcadia University, and I will be taking a course called "Sex, Gender and The City(i.e. London)" I'm so excited for this course, its going to be so awesome taking a course like this in one of the city leaders in sexual revolutions. I know I will be thinking a lot about Austin Powers while taking this course...

I had a dream last night that I was in a Starbucks in London, and the only thing that was different was that the tables were enormous and everyone had a British accent. Let's hope I get to experience a little more diversity than this while I'm on the other side of the pond!

Stay tuned for more posts!
-Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment