Monday, August 9, 2010

reslife ate my life

Ever since I have been back from London, reslife has pretty much taken over my life. The past two weeks were spent making schedules, manuals and preparing to move into Jones. Fortunately, the move was not as stressful as I thought it would be in big part to my awesome sisters Blake and Jessica who helped me move my stuff from North to Jones. I moved in on Saturday and have been going going going ever since. Yesterday, Sunday, was the start of training, and it was a lot less stressful as I thought it would be. Unfortunately, though, the stress caught up to me today and I have had a sour mood all day. As training goes along I am realizing all of the stuff I have to do before Friday and it is really stressing me out, so I decided to take a break from that and keep up with my promise to keep my blog going. Hope you all enjoy the new lay out. I decided a peaceful tone would be good to keep my spirits up.

I think the biggest challenge this week isn't going to be time management with my 2 jobs, but with my friends. I feel like they don't understand how stressed and extremely busy I am, so when I don't respond to a text or say I don't want to go out they get annoyed, which really is just making me more upset. I of course want to see them all, but I can't balance a social life with everything else I have to do. So sorry friends, I'm not going out all week, period.

My room in Jones is so much smaller than I expected, but I guess it's ok because it will just be extra cozy! My bed is seriously the most comfortable bed ever, though, so that's good. Jones is turning out to be a great time... but we don't have residents yet. And I'm not kidding when I say this, I'm really excited for them to move in! This year will be a lot different from last summer as a CA in College Avenue because I will have so much more time to bond with my residents, not to mention they won't all be football players. As far as the rest of Jones goes, I love all of the staff members, I can tell we are going to have a great year together, and I think that we will all be really supportive of each other also, so I look forward to that as well. We are all bracing ourselves to have roommates, which will stink but it will only be temporary (hopefully).

Sorry for the really crappy post, just needed to vent a bit! Hopefully they will pick up in excitement. Time to finish unpacking my room!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment