Monday, August 23, 2010

Senior year has begun!

Now that the chaos of training and freshman move-in is over, I can finally start enjoying the start of my senior year! So far, everything seems to be going very well (knock on wood). I love my residents, they seem like a great bunch. Phi Mu had a very successful recruitment... we made quota, plus 2!! The new phi's seem really great so far, and 3 of them live in my community in Jones, so I'm really excited about that. So far no roommate, just one empty space on the other side of the room that I cannot wait to decorate! We have been instructed not to move anything on that side until Sept. 15th, so I am eagerly awaiting that date.

The more that I move back into the swing of things, the more I realize that I changed a lot this summer, as cliché as it is to say after a semester abroad. I feel much more outgoing and much more positive. I was so much calmer last week compared to last year, and have found myself really enjoying working both the desk and being a CA more than I ever have, which is great. Last night we took our residents to the Tiger Walk, a 15 year old Mizzou tradition that starts with the Freshman class walking through the columns on the quad towards Jesse Hall the eve before class starts, and will end in May with the Seniors walking towards "the real world". I didn't do this my freshman year and kick myself every day for it. I watched from the sidelines last night and it was so great to see all of the freshman run through the columns, eager to start college. There are lots of pictures on my facebook, check them out!

I had my first 2 classes today, Cognitive Psychology and Trends in World Cinema. Cognitive Psychology makes me worried because I feel like it is going to be a waste of time. We have no tests, just one paper on anything to do with Cognition. I feel like, even though I don't necessarily like cognition, this is an important class for me to take since I am thinking about specializing in the brain, but I'm not going to learn anything. We'll see though, it could be ok... I hope. Trends in World cinema will be great for me. I love watching foreign films, and the teacher seems really fun and laid back. Plus, a girl from South Hampton, England (about an hour from London) is in my class, so I already love it, haha. Tomorrow I have Childhood Cognition, social psychology, and politics of the media. Lots of psych and sociology classes this semester, I can't wait! I hope I stay this positive about the semester, although I might just be on a high from celebrating the end of training...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment